- Methodology of trace element research
Trace elements in the environment
- Novel analytical techniques for trace element research;
- Adequate biomarkers for trace element status;
- Novel models and model systems for trace element research.
Fundamental aspects of trace element biology
- Trace elements and environmental health;
- Trace element toxicology;
- Occupational health: the role of trace elements.
Trace elements in human and animal health and disease
- Absorption, transport, deposition and excretion of trace elements in living systems;
- Trace elements in cellular signaling pathways;
- The role of trace elements in cellular division, growth, differentiation and death;
- Trace elements and stress-mediating systems.
Trace element supplementation in medicine, veterinary and agriculture
- Trace elements in immunity and immunopathology;
- The role of trace elements in endocrine regulation of functions and metabolic diseases;
- Trace elements in musculoskeletal system and traumatic diseases;
- Nervous system and trace element balance;
- The role of trace elements of reproductive function and health.
Individual trace element research
- Technological and methodological aspects of trace element supplementation;
- Trace element balance modification in veterinary;
- Trace element status modification in medicine;
- Trace element supplementation in enhancement of efficiency in agriculture.
- Iron in health and diseases;
- Copper in health and diseases;
- Iodine in health and diseases;
- Selenium in health and diseases
- Zinc in health and diseases